ZuluPad Forum

Wikipedia Entry for Zulupad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZuluPad Forum Forum Index -> ZuluPad Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ba1983

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Wikipedia Entry for Zulupad Reply with quote

I really like Zulupad, and what with its recent open sourcing, I think it needs to have at least a stub in wikipedia. It is listed in the Desktop Wikis section, but so far no one has written an article about it specifically. I'd write it myself if I felt I'd do a decent job.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and write one. I tried to write one when I first released the program, but they frown on people writing about their own products, and it got deleted. So, yeah, I'd love to have a Wikipedia entry about it.
webster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I found it. It's good to have an entry in Wikipedia.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think a lot of people have found ZuluPad through Wikipedia. I'd love to have a page devoted to ZuluPad, but I'm not allowed to write it myself (according to Wikipedia policy...you're not supposed to author/edit pages about yourself or your own products). I tried to write one awhile back, and it was deleted because of that. If anybody here wants to give writing a ZuluPad page a shot, you have my full support.
webster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good product and I'm happy to say it. I'm using the free version as a PIM right now, and I like it a lot, but am considering upgrading. The only thing I would like to add is some kind visual tree structure of the pages, but I realize that might not be easy to implement. If I can live without it--and I think I can--then it will be perfect for my needs. I installed MediaWiki for my company (I'm the Sysop), and I've really become hooked on wikis. I downloaded MoinMoin and TWiki personal versions, but they seemed much too big and bloated (and go figure, TWiki was sluggish on my flash drive). If you want me to post something to wikipedia (maybe what you wrote in the past, only change the wording a bit), I'll be happy to. I could re-write you a bit, but it would be best if you gave me the underlying material. If you really want to make it good, you could put in an honest comparison to the alternatives. People (like me, anyway) like that kind of stuff. It makes it more valuable. My email is yy200202@yahoo.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZuluPad Forum Forum Index -> ZuluPad Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: